Are you interested in volunteering but not certain if you want to tutor?
How about becoming a board member?
The Council is currently seeking new and enthusiastic individuals to join its board of directors.
Help guide the organisation and help provide the vision and strategic direction of the organisation.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of volunteering or working in the non-profit sector and experience with working with non-profit boards. Skills such as strategic planning and knowledge of adult education are considered helpful.
- Engage with others to help the direction and policies of the Council
- Act in the best interest of the organisation;
- Educate yourself with regards to the organisations bylaws, policies and procedures, strategic plan, mission, etc.;
- Respect confidentiality policies which pertain to membership and board discussions;
- Stay informed regarding the organisation’s financial activity and legal obligations;
- Help and support the board to make decisions that will guide the success of the organisation; and
- Attend board meetings regularly, arrive prepared for meetings, and actively participate
If you are interested please contact:
Mr. Mohamed Elghazouly, Board Development Committee Chair