Who are we?
The Literacy Council of Durham Region (LCDR) is a charitable non-profit volunteer organization, established in 1980 and dedicated to increasing adult literacy in the Durham Region guided by the principle Each One Teach One.
Who we serve:
The LCDR is a learner centred program that is committed to helping learners achieve their outcomes and goals.
• Adults 19 years of age and over who strive to improve their reading, writing and numeracy skills
• Tutors who volunteer their time and expertise in helping learners
• We also work collaboratively with other service agencies.
Our commitment to you:
Our learners, tutors and community partners can expect professional and quality service which is delivered in a prompt and responsive manner.
Our Service Standards:
• We will treat you with courtesy and respect
• Staff are well trained and will give you clear, accurate and timely information or help you to find it
• Program standards are of the highest quality and in accordance with Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) guidelines
• We will collect, store, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with relevant Canadian law
The LCDR encourages our clients to help us improve our service by providing feedback by informing staff or submitting a feedback form.
Any comments or concerns about our services are appreciated and all suggestions and complaints are taken seriously and acknowledged within 2 days and responses will be provided within 7 days.
How to contact us:
You can contact: Executive Director, Brad Cook (905) 434-5441
For office hours and location please click here or visit our website at http://www.literacydurham.ca